/ Asked by Santiago
I would like to become a teacher or a graduate school professor. What's the best track to achieve this? Do I need to go back to school for a masters degree, or should I grow and gain experience at an educational company?
Answered by Phil, Hiring Expert at Merck & Co., Inc., on Thursday, March 8, 2018
This could be a great question for your college / university Career Services office. Most universities would require you to obtain a PhD or a doctorate degree in the field that you would like to teach, especially if you would like to get a position on a tenure track. A lot of colleges also have some adjunct faculty who may not hold an advanced degree but are often not paid the same as full professors and are off the tenure track. Teaching at an elementary or high school level can be a little bit different, but most positions require some sort of advanced training or certification beyond a bachelors' degree. Check in with your Career Services office, as they often have great advice. Good luck! -Phil
Real Time Web Analytics