/ Asked by Gennadii
I'm structural stress analysis engineer with 8 years experience. I'm trying to apply for each opportunity in the United States but I do not have US citizenship or a green card. How can I find employer who will help me with this?
Answered by Tom, Hiring Expert at VF Corporation, on Friday, April 28, 2017
Unfortunately, there is no simple way to do this.  You may get a clue from some company career sites or some language in their job descriptions, but companies have no obligation to "advertise" so to speak that they will assist with citizenship/green card.  Suggest you focus on looking at companies who have a clear global, multi-national presence, they are more likely to support global mobility / support international hiring.
Answered by Sara, Hiring Expert at Grace, on Monday, June 12, 2017
Your profession sounds interesting, but you are in a challenging situation. I would probe for global companies and companies who state that they are willing to sponsor. This is quite costly for employers, but there are those out there who will sponsor talent. I would also network within your field to see if you can make connections who can give you leads in your area of expertise.
Answered by Rachel, Hiring Expert at Eaton, on Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Sometimes employers will not if they are willing to sponsor a candidate, or not, for their openings.  Another way to search, however, is by looking on an employment search platform, for example Indeed, and using the key search terms of "sponsorship", "H1B Visa", or "international candidates".  Your particular engineering field is a narrow one so you may find more opportunities with global companies that have a broad reach and the financial ability to invest in this process for the right talent.  It is prudent to note, however, that the process is long, time consuming, and each year becomes more restrictive in the United States so you may be in for a challenge and potentially a long wait. 
Real Time Web Analytics